CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 19, 2008

Self Improvement (With a Little Less Self)

Almost a week ago this was my conversation with the kids on the way home from church...


Kids: "Mom, what are you going to do when we get home? Are you going to read a magazine?"

Me: "No."

Kids: "Are you going to go to the gym and then come home and take a shower?"

Me: "No."

Kids: "Are you going to clean the house? Is today cleaning day?"

Me: "No."

Kids: "Well, then, what are you going to do?"

It really bothered me that they didn't say, "Are we going to bake cookies together, or read a story, or watch a movie, or jump on the tramp?" Or anything really as long as it was WITH them and not by myself. So, the fact that it's been almost a week and it's still bothering me is most likely my clue to do something about it. And I plan to. Like today when I should have been cleaning my house or washing my sheets, instead I layed down by Jordy and Trason until they fell asleep. That counts, right? Baby steps. And, now that the kids are asleep and I have all the time in the world to clean house, what am I doing? That's right. I'm blogging.

1 comments:

Chy said...

I think we ALL could do a little more of that. Thanks