CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 17, 2008

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Join 'Em.........

Since it's hunting season and that's what a lot of people are talking about right now, I thought I'd add my pictures from the time I "drew" a bull tag. Someday when the kids get a little older, I'll be back out there with my man. Here's the story on this bull....

Roudy worked all night and then left work to go look for me a bull. Well, he found a monster for me so he turned around to come back to Idaho Falls and get me so I could shoot it. We called Roudy's mom and had her meet us in Arco so she could take the kids for the night. So, we traded cars and off we went. We hiked a little ways (okay, a long ways for me) and found the bulls Roudy had spotted earlier. So, he tries to get me set up to shoot, but I can't find a rock I like. I only practiced shooting a couple times before we went out hunting. Both times I cried because I was scared to shoot the gun. Anyway, I can't find a comfortable shooting position and Roudy's like "Mindy, you're killing me!" I have no doubt he thought about ripping the gun out of my hand and shooting it himself. Well, across the canyon there was a decent bull just standing there all by himself. He was practically posing for me. So, I found a comfortable rock to shoot off of and set up for the shot. I nailed the poor thing, but it just stood there. So, I set up for another shot- through the neck this time. That finally got him and we celebrated and then hiked over to him. (By the way, it was a 348 yard shot. Go me!) Everything was all good as we got over to the bull and started taking all these pictures. Then, all of a sudden, Roudy and this other guy that went with us cut the head off, throw it to the side, and start gutting this animal. Of coarse, I start to cry and Roudy's all annoyed. So, we take the head down the trail with us and throw it in Roudy's mom's suburban- I'm sure she was thrilled! Long story short, my antlers got stolen out of the back of Roudy's truck at my dad's house. I guess it doesn't matter that I didn't get the monster bull since I have nothing to show for it anyway. The End. And, yes, that's a picture of a picture. I'm high class..........


4 comments:

Murray Family said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe someone stole the antlers?! Who are these people?! Weird. Nice shot though :)

Beckie said...

I love it!! That is a huge monster!! Nice shot, that is long long ways-- I'm always picky about where I shoot from! I practice shooting out of the back of the pickup-- perfect rest right-- there is never a bed of a pickup when I get on the hill-- what the hell-- now how do I shoot! Usually figure it out!

Amy said...

wow! I'm impressed that you hunt, not for me at all, I cried when my dad brought home Bambi.

also known as shell said...

i love picture of a picture. I DO that all the time. no scanner here!