CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

We Need A Wife.....

Just the other day, as I was doing laundry, I was telling Roudy, "Ya know, we could use a wife." He just kind of looked at me and said "we could?" "Think about it," I say, "somebody to do the laundry and cook the meals and wash the dishes." I don't think he really knows what goes into being a GOOD wife. His meal is sitting on the table waiting for him promptly at 6:00 pm every night, he never has to wash his own clothes. In fact, one time he was trying to wash his hunting clothes (I was probably on strike) and he yells to me "Honey, how do you turn this thing on?" He has NEVER ONCE loaded or unloaded the dishwasher. He will rinse off the dishes, but that's as far as it goes. His excuse, "I just hate it." Guess what, Roud? I hate it, too. I'm sure there are many things that go into being a good husband, too. I don't do yard work. Sorry, Roud, but "I just hate it." and I don't clean the basement because "I just hate it." That excuse can go both ways, Lover Boy........

This was our dinner last night.....

Homemade Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
Salad with homemade Ranch and all the fixins and wait, is that homemade bread?

Just to be fair, Roudy cooks on the weekends. I don't cook on Friday nights and I don't cook breakfast (I just hate it....). Roudy always cooks the kids french toast, eggs, sausage, and hash browns on Saturday and Sunday Mornings. While he was away hunting a couple weeks ago, I made the kids scrambled eggs for breakfast. The kids were like, "This is groooosssss. When will dad be home? He's the best Chef. Do I really have to eat these?" And yet, if I ever take a few hours and go shopping with my mom, it's always a joke of when Roudy will call. Every time I leave for a few hours (okay, a lot of hours. My mom is a serious shopper...) Roudy will call and say "The kids are hungry. When are you coming home?" My mom's always like "Can't he fix a box of macaroni and cheese or make a peanut butter sandwich?"

1 comments:

Chy said...

Yep I could use a wife, that's for sure! But she better be fat and ugly;)!!

The running was going great until last week when I thought I had a kidney infection or kidney stones... after I went to the Doc. I found out that a rib on my left side had separated from the tissue and was lifting and turning EVERYTIME I took a breath in! GURRR! The solution....shoe shopping! YEAH!!! My shoes were worn out according to the Doc. causing back pain and damage. So off to Tri Cities we went, and I ended up getting some REALLY UGLY but really good running shoes; fit just for me. After 2 visits to the chiropractor hot pads and back rubs at night I'm good as new...I hope! I have only run 11mi Sat I'm going to attempt 12...we'll see???